Last updated March 15, 2021
Cookies and similar technologies and the processing of personal data
What is a cookie?
A cookie is a piece of data contained in a very small text file that is stored in your browser or elsewhere on your hard drive. Cookies set by Remark within the Services are called “first party cookies”. Cookies on the Services set by parties other than Remark are called “third party cookies”. Third party cookies enable third party features or functionality to be provided on or through the Services (e.g., messaging and analytics).
We use first party and/or third party cookies on our Services for various purposes such as:
- to facilitate the operation and functionality of our Services;
- to improve your experience while using our Services and make navigating around them quicker and easier;
- to allow us to make a bespoke user experience for you and for us to understand what is useful or of interest to you; and
- to analyze how our Services are used and how best we can customize them.
What type of cookies does Remark use and what are they for?
We use the following types of cookies on our Services:
- Essential Cookies – We use essential cookies to make our Services work. These cookies are strictly necessary to enable core functionality such as security, network management, your cookie preferences, and accessibility. Without them you wouldn’t be able to use basic services. You may disable these by changing your browser settings, but this may affect how the Services function.
- Functional Cookies – These cookies are used to enhance the performance and functionality of our Services but are non-essential to their use.
- Marketing Cookies – These account-based marketing cookies enable us to identify future prospects and personalize sales and marketing interactions with them.
- Analytics and Customization Cookies – These cookies collect information that is used to help us understand how our Services are being used or how effective our marketing campaigns are, or to help us customize our Services for you.
- Advertising Cookies – These cookies collect information over time about your online activity on the Services and other online services to make online advertisements more relevant to you. This is known as interest-based advertising. They also perform functions like preventing the same ad from continuously reappearing and ensuring that ads are properly displayed for advertisers.
Some cookies that have been set on our Services are not set on a first party basis by Remark. These third party service providers may set their own cookies on your web browser. Third party service providers control the cookies identified above as third-party cookies. We do not control the use of these third party cookies as cookies can only be accessed by the third party that originally set them.
What We Do With IP Addresses
When you use our Services, we collect your IP addresses to track and analyze information about the devices that are connecting to our systems and about where those devices are located. For example, we use IP addresses to track which regions visitors to our Services come from and to detect possible fraud.
How to Reach Us